I have been nominated for the Liebster blog award. Thank you, so much, mfrobertswriter for nominating me. I love reading your blog.
You do not talk about the Liebster Award.
You don not talk about the Liebster Award.
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2.Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
I’m going to try to say stuff I haven’t mentioned on here before. Consequently, the eleven things about myself might be a little boring:
1. I’m allergic to iron.
2. I knit.
3. I play poker.
4. I play bass.
5. My favorite poet is Walt Whitman.
6. I need to live near water.
7. I love camping.
8. I’m a pain slut! 😉
9. I met John Nash (a pretty impressive mathematician). Yes, I know — I’m a geek. Duly noted. So, baby, maybe sometime your knight and my rogue could have a few at the inn?
10.I’m predominantly left-handed, but functionally ambi-dexterous.
11. I’m a writer. Obviously, from the blog. But I also write fiction, essays, poetry, articles, and am working on a few novels.
The questions I was asked, and my answers are:
- What is your favorite color and why? Black. I find it to be the most beautiful color. It represents all that I am and love: Shadows, nighttime, the depths of forests and the sea, the color of the clothes I’ve worn for most of my life, mystery, magick. Raven’s wings, a panther’s fur, a lake in moonlight, the velvet roof behind the stars, and the darkness inside orifices used for sexual fulfillment.
- What would be your favorite holiday destination if money was no object, and why? Tara, the Hill of Kings, in Ireland — for Beltane. I’d love to stand where my ancestors stood and watch the glory of this world from that vantage point on the most sexual day of the year.
- If you’re a Dom or a Sub, would you ever switch? I am a switch, so yes. 🙂 If I absolutely HAD to choose dominance or submission for the rest of my life, I would choose dominance.
- What’s your favorite literary genre? It’s a toss-up between fantasy and general nineteenth century literature.
- Monogamy or open relationships? Why? Open relationships. But I wouldn’t recommend them for everyone, any more than I’d recommend monogamy for me. Because I need to have a lot of sex, and Puck needs to have a lot of people to love. Because it’s difficult to have all of your preferences met by one person when you’re pansexual. Because I’m in love with several people who also love me. Because I’m in lust with even more people… who are also in lust with me. Because I love to flirt — and flirting leads to forking.
- Is there anything that would be an absolute deal-breaker in a relationship for you? Yes. I do not cheat, nor do I assist others in cheating. Also, if Puck or Shadow veto anyone, for any reason — or no reason — it is the same as if I had vetoed them. People who refuse to use protection don’t get to sleep with me. Finally, drama: a little dram isn’t a deal-breaker. Shit happens — no exceptions. But I’ve dumped people because they, and their lives were all drama, all the time.
- Would you ever go on a blind date? (or have you been on one?) I’ve been on them, and I’d go again. So far, I’ve clicked much better with people I’ve met on my own than people I’ve been set up with.
- Have you ever faked an orgasm? If yes, why? Of course I’ve faked orgasms! These days I usually don’t — in keeping with my determined honesty, my desire to have sex easily accessible and understood for all, and the fact that I’m a selfish bitch. When I did fake them, it was usually to: a) avoid wounding their egos, b) to boost their self-esteem, or c) to stop whatever cussedly uncomfortable, all-thumbs thing they were doing. Word to the wise, it helps if your sex partners are musicians. There are at least ten good things to be said for fine motor coordination. Mechanics aren’t bad, either.
- Have you ever had a ‘friend with benefits’? What’s a friend without benefits? 😉
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Semen. No, seriously.
- What’s your favorite erotica theme/genre? Kinky and primal — with lots of biting, scratching, etc. Preferably with anal and blood play, as well.
Since not all the people I’m nominating are kinky — or if they are, I unfortunately don’t know about it — I tried to keep the questions I’m asking Vanilla rated. I think I even managed to limit myself to one sex question! My questions are:
1. What’s your favorite book?
2. Your favorite song?
3. Piece of visual art?
4. What’s your favorite quote?
5. What’s your favorite sex toy?
I know “favorites” questions are hard. Either one of your favorites, or rattling of a few works if you can’t limit yourself to just one — I know I seldom can.
6. What do you think the meaning of life is? 42 is a well reasoned, but unacceptable reply. 🙂
7. What would your perfect day be?
8. What’s your dream career?
9. What’s something you want to do before you die?
10. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
11. What is your best quality?
And my nominees, in no particular order, aside from a vague attempt to keep similar subject matters grouped together, are:
A Faded Romantic’s Notebook — for painting with words, and expressing such moving insights on life.
2. bloodsexcrimson.com— for so eloquently expressing a primal nature, and mixing sexuality with poetry.
thekinkyworldofvile — for telling it like it is, and giving useful information.
The artists, visual and verbal:
Expressions of my life – An evolution of art. — for the beauty of your art, and the optimism and grace of your words.
Urban Wall Art & Murals — for your unique and inspiring artwork, and your determination to have visual art publicly accessible.
Cristian Mihai — for your exquisite words, and your helpful advice on the writing profession.
kyle mew — for your dry sense of humor, and for being a delightful flirt.
Piss and Vinegar — for your wickedly humorous rants, and your explosive fits of righteous indignation.
The self-improvement gurus:
My Struggle – Losing 400 pounds — for the power of your story, and your desire to help others along their way.
Random Moments of Epiphany — for your spirituality, and the lens of music, through which you view the world.
The Chaotic Neutral:
courtwideupdatesfromrajetofthephae — for your sense of fun, and your adeptness at inserting whimsy into serious commentary.
Three things: First, I had a ridiculously difficult time narrowing it down to just eleven nominees. I genuinely wish I could list everyone in my reader. Of course, that would be a very long post, indeed.
Second, my loose grouping of subjects is just that. Several kinky people could also fit into the artists category, and most of them could be classified as self-improvement gurus.
Finally, in case anyone sees fit to cry, “foul!” — since I am, in fact sleeping with three of the people I nominated… rest assured, I would read their blogs even if we were not intimate.